Sep 11, 2011

First Loss that I actual feel OK about

Some times, the better team actually does simply shut you down. The Virginia Tech defense got into Dominique Davis' head and earned every bit of that win on Saturday. They shut us down...physically and mentally.

I hate losing - particularly a game where we had our chances despite being dominated by the Hokies defense - but have to say that I was very pleased with our defense. Say what you will about how tough it has been for us to stop the run, but I do not believe we will see better rushing teams than we have seen in the first two weeks of the season.

I believe no other opponents, including UNC, have the horses that Virginia Tech and South Carolina have on defense and our chances at getting back to the CUSA title game are pretty good. I think the bigger talent is in the West and with USM losing a conference game already, we are in a good position with two weeks to prep for UAB.

Congrats to the Hokies...they won and should have. Feel good about our team. Do not believe we will see another day like Saturday again from Davis.

No comments: